A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birjung, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and kodari on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew a Visa you can go to the department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
A valid passport and one passport-size photo with a light background. Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency : Australian Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee.
- Tourist Visa Nepal
|Multiple entry||15 days||US $25 or equivalent convertible currency|
|Multiple entry||30 days||US $40 or equivalent convertible currency.|
|Multiple entry||90 days||US $100 or Equivalent convertible currency.|
2.Gratis (Free) Visa
- For first visit in one visa year( January to December), gratis visa for 30 days is available only for nationals for nationals of South Asain countries like Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. However, visa can be extended from the Immigration Department on payment of visa as specified above.
- Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
3.Nepal Visa For Indian Nationals
- Driving License with photo
- Photo identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration card with photo
- Election commission card with photo
- Identity card issued by embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity card with photo issued by Sub-Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank.
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians travelling to Nepal
4.Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals
As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan,5, 2016 from following Nepali missions in the people’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate general of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate general of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
5.Other Visa Information
Nationals from Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Switzerland, Cameroon, Somalia, Liberia, Ethiopia, Iraq, Palestine and Afghanistan will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
For the further information for Nepal, please contact:
Department of immigration Kalikasthan, Kathmandu
Tel: 00977-1-4429660/ 4438862/ 4438868/ 4433934